Themed “URBAN SMART GREEN OFFICE”, this year’s competition seeks for innovative and sustainable design entries that demonstrates the essentials and key constituents of a Smart Green Office Building in an urban city of participant’s choice, for example Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila, Singapore, etc.
By 2050 the world’s population is set to hit 9 billion, with about 70 per cent of the population expected to be living in urban areas. As urban cities proliferate with working communities and infrastructures, it is imperative that office buildings are designed to be greener and smarter, with the integration of sustainable practices for our buildings, in order to optimise the consumption of energy and resources for sustainability. Smart Green Office buildings combine comfort and energy performance, where innovative technologies integrate with active and passive green building design strategies. These energy efficient buildings are designed for the overall health, well-being and productivity of the tenants and users.
- Applicable for the tropical climate
- Incorporate both active and passive design strategies, energy efficient features and other green building features
- Be based on a green building assessment tool of participant’s choice to validate their sustainable design concepts (e.g. BCA Green Mark scheme)
- Justify how the features and strategies contribute to the sustainability of the building
- Include the engineering feasibility of the design solutions proposed , where possible
- Other than the exterior design, considerations should also be given to the office interior on how user-centric sustainable features and practices can be incorporated, including an evaluation of the effect on the overall well-being of building tenants and users
- Design should also show how the proposed office building can integrate with the surrounding environment and landscape
- Incorporate design concepts/elements that will encourage/guide end-users to cultivate behaviours or practices that will keep the office green in the tropical climate
- Present a practical, feasible direction for future office buildings, based on resources available in present day
The entries will be judged based on the below criteria:
|1||Design Concept & Creativity||20%|
|2||Relevance to tropical context||20%|
|3||Relevance to theme||20%|
|4||Feasibility in current context||15%|
|5||Design for behavioural change and social capital||15%|
|7||Reference to green rating||5%|
The judging panel will select 5 finalist entries.
Finalists will be awarded cash prizes and invited to Singapore to present their works at the Final Judging and attend the International Green Building Conference (02-04 Sep).
Registration opens till 30 June
** Please click here to register online.
Submissions due 31 Jul
Finalists will be notified by 17 Aug
Final Judging will be held on 01 Sep
Award ceremony will be held on 02 Sep (during the International Green Building Conference)
Please download the submission requirements and other rules and regulations here.