The theme of the 24th ICDE World Conference is “Expanding Horizons – New Approaches to Open and Distance Learning”. This conference provides a forum for sharing of ideas on redefining the roles and strategies of ODL in promoting cross-nation human capacity building. The conference discusses issues and challenges for ODL under the following sub-themes:
- ODL and human capacity building
- ODL in a changing world
- Quality and ODL – the way forward
- Management and strategic development of ODL
- Open Educational Resources (OER) in a global world
- International development and distance learning
The 24th ICDE World Conference features 6 keynote speeches, 216 paper presentations in 6 parallel sessions, and about 67 posters.