In support of the Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU) Inter-university Staff Exchange Fellowship Programme, Universitas Terbuka is offering two short-term Fellowships to staff from AAOU member institutions for the year 2018. This programme is intended to provide a platform for capacity building and establishment of sustainable partnerships as well as fostering knowledge exchange and promotion of mutual understanding among staff of the open universities of Asia.
The terms and conditions of the Fellowship are as follows:
- Period of the Programme
Two weeks, 8 October – 22 October 2018
- Number of Fellowships
Two (2) people from different institutions
- Provisions by [Universitas Terbuka]
- Full accommodation at UT Guest House
- Daily meals
- Office space with internet access, computer, printer, and stationary
- Local transportation to research sites (to regional offices) if needed.
- Responsibilities of Parent Institution
The parent (recipient) institution shall provide the candidate with a round-trip air ticket between the home country and Jakarta (Indonesia) and insurance.
- National Laws and Legislation
- During the travel period covered under this fellowship, it is the Fellow’s responsibility to comply with all local laws and legislation of Indonesia.
- UT is not responsible for obtaining visas for the selected fellows.
- UT will provide a formal invitation letter for visa purposes in order to execute the Staff Exchange Fellowship Program.
- Personal Safety and Health
- Each Fellow is responsible for acquiring and paying for any and all insurance, e.g. travel insurance.
- Each Fellow is responsible for maintaining his or her personal health, safety and belonging during the period of the Fellowship.
- Medical coverage is not provided. Therefore, the Fellow must make appropriate arrangements.
- Eligibility A Fellowship candidate should fulfill the following criteria:
- Be an academic or research staff member of an AAOU member institution.
- Possess a master or doctoral degree
- Have a good command of written and oral English.
Interested candidates may apply for the Fellowship programme by submitting the following documents in English:
- Curriculum Vitae including a selected list of publications
- A research proposal should be based on one of the research themes. The length of the proposal between 8 - 10 pages, double line spacing.
- The proposal should contain the following key components:
- Research problem(s) and question(s)
- Aim(s) and objective(s)
- Method(s) of data collection
- Method(s) of data analysis
- Work schedule
- Expected output(s)/outcome(s)
- Relevance and contribution to the practice of open and distance education
- A letter of recommendation from the parent institution signed by the President/Rector/ Chancellor/Vice-Chancellor
- Submission Deadline
All the relevant documents must be submitted by 14 August 2018.
- Notice of Acceptance from Universitas Terbuka
Successful candidates will be informed via e-mail notification by 5 Sept 2018.
- Areas of Research / Training / Academic Exchanges
The areas of research/ training/ academic exchanges undertaken during the Fellowship may be in any of the following areas:
- MOOCs for empowering community and lifelong learning (including: Open Education Resources for Improving Student Learning)
- Online Student Assessment, including proctoring in ODL
- Vocational Program in ODL
- Learning analytic in ODL
- Online Practicum
- Implementation of Instructional Strategies in Online learning
- Model of digital interactive learning materials 8. Quality Assurance
- Activities of the Fellow at Universitas Terbuka
During the period of visit, the Fellow will be required to:
- Give a seminar on the proposal to the staff of UT.
- Conduct the proposed research.
- Give a seminar on the research findings to the staff of UT
- Each Fellow is required to submit a report to Universitas Terbuka at the end of the Fellowship programme. The report should lay out the Fellow’s experiences in the programme as well as highlight any research findings.
- The Fellow will also be required to complete a feedback form on the quality of the Fellowship programme granted.
All successful applicants must complete the Fellowship by 22 October 2018. No deferment will be allowed beyond this date unless relevant approval has been given.
International Office UNIVERSITAS TERBUKA
Jalan Cabe Raya, Pondok Cabe, Pamulang, Tangerang Selatan 15418 INDONESIA
Phone: +62 21 7434290
Fax. : +62 21 7434290